Director of Accounting
Since 1991, Spring Footwear has made a difference in the lives of consumers who have depended on our brands to deliver comfort and style. Product innovation, quality, value and flexibility are the cornerstones that contribute to our success. This all leads to our mission:
“To develop successful partnerships by creating and delivering the best quality, value, product and service every day!”
The Director of Finance is a strategic business partner to owners and participates in the creation, implementation and execution of key value creation strategies and initiatives. As a key member of the executive team, this person will plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance using the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting, financial and Human Resource reporting functions. The Director of Finance also oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll legal and risk management.
This role manages, develops, and directs staff in the Accounting Department. The role is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of direct reports and for carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. This includes, but is not limited to, performance evaluations, team building, corrective actions, hiring, and training the team.
Finance and Accounting
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Building an accounting department as the company grows Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- Create and monitor departmental budgets.
- Ensure timely completion of monthly P&Ls, balance sheets.
- Analyzing company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies process improvements and systems implementation.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues e.g. copyright, antitrust, governing instruments, partnerships, licensing, leasing, real estate investment, cash management, etc.
- Oversee organizational insurance policies and risk management
- CPA or Master’s degree in a business, financial or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred background in wholesale fashion with proven success in growing a business.
- 7 or more years of experience in managing an accounting function in a medium- or large-size company.
- 4 to 6 years of progressively increasing responsibility in Financial Management
- Excellent computer skills and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experienced background in organizational effectiveness and operations management including implementing and designing best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Strong experience in budget development, KPI plans and reporting, and oversight
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style with a strong commitment to getting the job done in a timely, accurate manner.
- Strong customer -vendor management and cost reduction capability including contract negotiations
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Company paid holidays and vacation
- Profit sharing program
- Advancement opportunities
We encourage experienced candidates to apply and join our growing team!
Spring Footwear Corp. is an EEO employer, all employment is contingent upon a successful drug and back ground screening, as applicable to the job specifications. We administer the Florida Drug Free Workplace program, and as such, employees may be subject to reasonable suspicion drug tests, as ascribed by the Florida law.
Location: Pompano Beach, FL