Product Line Manager (PLM)
Since 1991, Spring Footwear has made a difference in the lives of consumers who have depended on our brands to deliver comfort and style. Product innovation, quality, value and flexibility are the cornerstones that contribute to our success. This all leads to our mission:
“To develop successful partnerships by creating and delivering the best quality, value, product and service every day!”
The Product Line Manager serves as a brand product leader with cross-functional responsibilities working as a merchant with our vendors and our product creation teams on all products offering for the assigned brands. Along with senior PLM and President/Co-Founder, drive product creation, business analytics and go to market strategy to meet business and brand objectives.
- Ensure seamless interaction is established to deliver a product line that is designed, developed and manufactured to meet product requirements, market needs, margin goals and calendar timelines.
- Create and implement category product line strategies which include line structuring, pricing, product flow, product segmentation and product differentiation as well as go to market strategy.
- Act as category team leader and develop a collaborative working environment within the product creation teams across design, development, innovation and sales team.
- Research, conceive, and create new product ideas and initiatives. This includes developing and managing these ideas through the product process from the conceptual stage, design creation, development, launch and market roll out.
- Write seasonal product briefs in accordance with brand, department and category strategy.
- Present category strategy, designs, prototype concepts and product samples to key retailers, adoption meetings and internal stakeholders in order to develop and refine new product line offerings. Present category strategy and final product to global sales meeting attendees in order to drive seasonal initiatives and grow the footwear business. Required to present assigned category product lines to sales force and internal departments.
- Ensure that product timelines are met and that merchandising information is provided to appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with SFW management, merchandising staff, all other internal departments and outside suppliers in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, comparable work experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 7-10 years of experience including 5-7 years of Wholesale merchandising and Buying experience and 2-4 years of management and footwear experience.
- Demonstrated experience in fashion footwear- buying preferred
- Demonstrated business acumen in growing and developing a brand
- Ability to set priorities, foster cohesion and provide motivation to cross functional teams.
- Ability to make focused decisions based on Brand integrity and Company values.
- Ability to consistently communicate in a clear and timely manner.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong technology and data analysis capabilities
- Demonstrated clear understanding of financial measurements/analysis and how to impact them.
- Possess a working knowledge of Purchase Order, planning, recapping and other Merchandising systems and spreadsheets.
- Possess sound knowledge of international production process.
- Ability to travel both domestically and International as needed about 20%
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Multi-tasking and very high fast paced and flexibility
Physical Activity & ADA Requirements:
Team Member will lift / carry (Maximum lbs)
- Frequently: 30 lbs
- Occasionally: 50 lbs
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Company paid holidays and vacation
- Profit sharing program
- Advancement opportunities
We encourage qualified candidates to apply and join our growing team!
Spring Footwear Corp. is an EEO employer, all employment is contingent upon a successful drug and background screening, as applicable to the job specifications. We administer the Florida Drug Free Workplace program, and as such, employees may be subject to reasonable suspicion drug tests, as ascribed by the Florida law.