Since 1991, Spring Footwear has made a difference in the lives of consumers who have depended on our brands to deliver comfort and style. Product innovation, quality, value and flexibility are the cornerstones that contribute to our success. This all leads to our mission:
“To develop successful partnerships by creating and delivering the best quality, value, product and service every day!”
The Store Manager will act as the face of the brand in our retail store, Spring Step Shoes, at the Coral Ridge Mall in Fort Lauderdale, FL. The primary focus of the position will be providing world class customer service while driving sales results at our second retail location.
- Creating a successful and positive culture of sales and performance for all associates.
- Driving a team selling environment that is favorable for the Spring Step brand, associates and guests alike.
- Sets reachable, yet growth minded goals for themselves and all associates in total sales, individual pairs sold, promotion goals and accessory goals, as well as ensuring total store goals have the staffing levels necessary to achieve them.
- Responsible for all areas of store recruitment; working with the team to attract, retain and develop talent for the store and the broader company at large.
- Responsible for effective teaching, coaching and training of all store associates within an established timeframe.
- Responsible for all performance management and employee relations issues within the store.
- Responsible for analysis of the P&L.
- Follows all policies and procedures related to loss and shrinkage.
- Leader of change for the associates and champion of company initiatives.
- Ensures proper merchandising of products per company directives.
- Ensures the safety and security of associates, guests and partners.
- Drives a sales culture by using incentives, communicating success and overcoming obstacles to successful selling.
- Uses daily productivity targets to deliver correct staffing levels in store and communicate goals to all associates.
- Analysis of the P&L and other store information to effectively manage controllable costs to minimize losses and deliver on KPI’s.
- Ensures store asset security through but not limited to: adherence to risk management policy. Following daily bank deposit process, open and closing procedures, store balance and compliance policies, required stock counts and inventory.
- Drives the implementation of key and new initiatives within the store to achieve selling and marketing objectives.
- Maintains and analyses hot seller reports, Shopify statistics and plan accordingly for improvement and be able to articulate those plans to field management.
- Ensures all security and safety procedures are trained within the team, effectively communicated, executed and observed by all staff.
- Recruits the best available talent using the field management team as a resource and support system tom ensure a proper process. Trains all new hires in a consistent manner that ensures and promotes success and positivity.
- Manages the performance and development review process in store so that all team members have regular reviews which allow them to develop and for succession planning.
- Partners with field management to create a positive and productive store culture for all store team members, ensuring fair and consistent treatment of all associates.
Essential knowledge, experience & competencies:
- Knowledge of the footwear or fashion industry and retail sector
- 1-3 years prior retail experience
- Minimum 3-6 months in a management role
- Proven track record of building business and customer loyalty
- Experience working for a retail company with oversight from field leadership
- Understanding of basic business and financial reports
- Proficiency with basic software
- Ability to problem solve scheduling to achieve business goals
- Ability to carry 40 pounds
- Ability to climb an 8-foot ladder
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and bend as necessary
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Values people, genuinely engages with others and forms positive connections inside and outside of the organization.
- Customer focus: strives to exceed customer expectations
- Drive to results: ability to deliver desired results and drive to completion
- Teamwork: desire to work cooperatively with others
- Interpersonal skills: ability to consider, respond and interact appropriately with different people in different situations
- Change management: demonstrate the capability to change course when desired results are not being met
- Initiative: identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires
- Approachability: ability to genuinely create a supportive environment where people are at ease
- Motivating others: motivate others and create a productive and positive culture in which people want to do their best.
- Directing others: plan and communicate work in an organized manner, delivering results.
- Talent acquisition: ability to attract retain and develop key talent.
- Effective communication: ensures that information is effectively passed on to others.
- Change leadership: ability to demonstrate support for innovation and organizational changes needed to improve the organizations effectiveness.
- Showing concern for others: ability to be empathetic and handle concerns with sensitivity.
- Time management: managing time effectively and efficiently.
- Managing performance: set clear goals, measure performance, provide meaningful feedback, and address performance problems promptly while driving results.
- Developing others: delegate responsibly, teach and train others and provide opportunities for individual development.
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Profit sharing program
- Advancement opportunities
We encourage qualified candidates to apply and join our growing team!
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Spring Footwear Corp. is an EEO employer, all employment is contingent upon a successful drug and background screening, as applicable to the job specifications. We administer the Florida Drug Free Workplace program, and as such, employees may be subject to reasonable suspicion drug tests, as ascribed by the Florida law.