Assistant Store Manager
Since 1991, Spring Footwear has made a difference in the lives of consumers who have depended on our brands to deliver comfort and style. Product innovation, quality, value and flexibility are the cornerstones that contribute to our success. This all leads to our mission:
“To develop successful partnerships by creating and delivering the best quality, value, product and service every day!”
The Assistant Store Manager will act as the face of the brand in our retail store, Spring Step Shoes, at the Tampa Premium Outlets , Lutz , FL. The primary focus of the position will be providing world class customer service while driving sales results at one of our retail locations.
Main purpose: The Assistant Store Manager will fully support and partner with the Store Manager in leading the day-to-day operations of the store and is responsible for all aspects of personnel management, training, customer service execution, merchandising, store operations, marketing execution and display maintenance in the absence of the store manager.
The Assistant store manager drives and motivates the store team to maximize sales and customer service while representing and promoting the Spring Step family of brands.
- Partner with store leadership to drive a successful and positive culture of sales and performance for all associates.
- Support a team selling environment that is favorable for the Spring Step brand, associates and guests alike.
- Participate in all areas of store recruitment; with a focus on retaining and assisting in development of talent for the store.
- Teach, coach and train of all store associates within the guidelines set by the store manager and field leadership.
- Responsible for all performance management and employee relations issues within the store in the absence or at the direction of the store manager.
- Follows all policies and procedures related to loss and shrinkage.
- Leader of change for the associates and champion of company initiatives.
- Ensures proper merchandising of products per company directives.
- Ensures the safety and security of associates, guests and partners.
- Provide world class customer service.
- Drives a sales culture by using incentives, communicating success and promoting our brand.
- Uses daily productivity targets to deliver correct staffing levels in store and communicate goals to all associates.
- Ensures store asset security through but not limited to: adherence to risk management policy. Following daily bank deposit process, open and closing procedures, store balance and compliance policies, required stock counts and inventory.
- Drives the implementation of key and new initiatives within the store to achieve selling and marketing objectives.
- Provides world class customer service and facilitates the same within the store’s sales team.
Essential knowledge, experience & competencies:
- Knowledge of the footwear or fashion industry and retail sector is a plus.
- 1 year prior retail experience.
- Proven track record of sales and service execution.
- Proficiency with basic software and experience using POS.
- Ability to problem solve to achieve excellent customer service
- Ability to carry 40 pounds
- Ability to climb an 8-foot ladder
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and bend as necessary
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Values people, genuinely engages with others and forms positive connections inside and outside of the organization.
- Customer focus: strives to exceed customer expectations
- Teamwork: desire to work cooperatively with others
- Interpersonal skills: ability to consider, respond and interact appropriately with different people in different situations
- Approachability: ability to genuinely create a supportive environment where people are at ease
- Motivating others: motivate others and create a productive and positive culture in which people want to do their best.
- Directing others: plan and communicate work in an organized manner, delivering results.
- Effective communication: ensures that information is effectively passed on to others.
- Showing concern for others: ability to be empathetic and handle concerns with sensitivity.
- Time management: managing time effectively and efficiently.
- Delegate responsibly, teach and train others and provide effective feedback to store manager and team members as is appropriate.
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Profit sharing program
- Advancement opportunities
We encourage qualified candidates to apply and join our growing team!
- Lutz (Tampa), FL
Spring Footwear Corp. is an EEO employer, all employment is contingent upon a successful drug and background screening, as applicable to the job specifications. We administer the Florida Drug Free Workplace program, and as such, employees may be subject to reasonable suspicion drug tests, as ascribed by the Florida law.